Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

I was just driving home from dinner at Clint's grandma's house, and we heard on the radio about President Hinckley's passing away. I was shocked at the news, but also I am very grateful to be blessed with the guidance of a living prophet on the earth today, and how Heavenly Father has plans in store for us that we might not understand at our level. I'm emotional about our prophet's passing, but also excited to see the sustaining of President Monson, who will succeed Pres. Hinckley as prophet.
I was thinking earlier today, that I'm due for another spiritual overhaul. I think I've been kind of "slacking" in the spiritual department lately--mostly with traveling, and sick kids--I've missed a lot of church. Today was the first time this year that I've gone to all three meeting of church, and I'm so grateful to have those three hours each week to rejuvenate, and be edified (between shushing my kids 13 million times during sacrament meeting, and the chaos of trying to get there on time) It helps me remember what I can and should be doing each day through the week the lift myself higher, and also to set an example to teach my children to be more like Christ.

2 comments:

Megan B said...

Thanks for your awesome testimony and the amazing way that you just bring the choir together! You are so great. I love watching and admiring you lead the choir and I love the song we sang today. I am sure it was one of President Hinckley's favorites!

Elisa said...

Thanks for your sharing your feelings as well. I let out a rather large scream when I heard he had died... I didn't even know he was ill. I remember him saying in Conference in October, "I hope to see you in April" And everyone laughed, and he continued, "6 months is a long time for a man of my age." He led a good life, one free from regrets, and he was obedient to the end. I can only hope that I too, can live my life so that I will not be afraid to meet The Lord.
BTW, you did an amazing job with the choir today! It's great to watch you lead, and see how excited you get! I'm glad we are going to be able to get to know each other better being VT comps...
Now.
I just need to get my act together and get it done! :0P