Monday, August 31, 2009

My Blog = My Home

I write this blog for me. It’s for me, and my family. This is the place I come to get things off my chest. This is where I bear my deepest thoughts and feelings. I keep it open to the public, because I want to share it with my friends and family. And I have been pleasantly surprised how many amazing friendships I’ve made because of this blog. I have met many women, who I’m sure were my closest friends in the life before this one. Some of you are my kindred spirits.


I have always considered myself to be an honest person. What you see is what you get. I don’t mince words and I have no secrets. What I put on my blog is real. It is me. Sometimes I write feelings that are deeply personal to me; I express my most raw emotions, and I share my experiences with you. I have born my soul to you. And most of you have been truly supportive. In fact, if at any time you disagree with me, I encourage you to share your feelings with me. I definitely subscribe to the fact that people have different opinions.


But….


If you choose to disagree, or judge me, or any person for that matter, through the comments, have a spine and use your name. Making comments anonymously is not only hurtful, but cowardly.


My blog is my home. Would you knock on my door, come into my living room, and say to my face the same things you say to me in my comments, anonymously? If so, then thank you for being honest with me. If not, maybe you should consider not saying it.


Obviously, you are ashamed of the words you are writing, or you wouldn’t hide behind the anonymity. If you don’t feel comfortable using your name with your words to another person, then you should keep it to yourself.


And honestly, if you really, truly cared enough about me, to tell me that you were concerned about something that I’d done, then break off a phone call and talk to me about it.


I am not perfect nor have I ever claimed to be. And you aren’t either. If you were, you would’ve been translated by now. How I choose to live my life is my business. If I have said or done something personally harmful to you, then tell me. Otherwise, it is my business.


There is only one person who has the right to judge me for my actions. And I know He understands me and what I’m going through; even if no one else does. And I don’t believe that He condones judging others, anymore than He does me for what I’ve done.


Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.


I’ve been through some stuff lately. Normally, I would vent about it on my blog. And now, because of judgemental anonymous comments on my last post, suddenly I don’t feel safe saying exactly what I’m feeling on my blog anymore. I know for a fact that I’m not the only one who is worried about getting anonymous hate mail.


I’m just saying if you have something to say to me, say it to my face-- Or in the case with our blogs-- with your name. Own your opinions. If you can’t confidently say what you need to say without being anonymous, then keep it to yourself.