Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Tag!

I'm going through some serious blogging burnout right now. I haven't been through my Googlereader in a week. I've checked a few blogs, but mostly, I've been absent. So a few days ago Wonderwoman did this fun Christmas tag, so I thought since this is easy, and I like tags, I'll do this, so you don't think I've fallen off the face of the planet.



Egg nog or hot chocolate? Of course, Hot chocolate. Because it's chocolate. I haven't had eggnog in a long time. I don't remember if I like it.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Santa wraps presents with special wrapping paper for each person in the family, so we know who's is whose. The big stuff isn't wrapped but is displayed by the stockings, which are set out the night before.

Colored lights on tree or white?White, on the upstairs tree. Colored on the downstairs "kids" tree.

When do you put your decorations up? This year, the day after Thanksgiving. Usually the first few days after Thanksgiving or first of December.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Excluding dessert? Uhhhhhh.......I guess it'd have to be wassail, if you can count that, because it's a drink. If not, then.....maybe.....I keep thinking fudge, and homemade chocolates, and fudge. That's a snack, not a dessert, right?

Favorite holiday memory as a child: Waking up Christmas morning one year, and having to wait for my Dad to come home from work before we could open presents. We were anxious to get our presents, but it made it special to make sure he was there for it.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Everyone gets a present on Christmas Eve, and it's always a new pair of pajamas.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Uh....put ornaments on it? Duh...?

Snow! Love it or dread it?I used to love to ski, but haven't been in like 10 years, so I used to love it. I really love it in December, and it's Ok in January, but come April, I'm pretty ready for it to go away.

Can you ice skate?I love to ice skate. I've always fantasized about being a figure skater, but never learned how. I wish I had more chances to go now.

Do you remember your favorite gift?I got an Annie necklace when I was, I think, 5 or 6. I was obsessed with Annie, and it was supposed to look like the real one she wore in the movie. So, I put it on, and made my sisters act out the movie with me (including washing the stairs and singing "It's a Hard Knock Life". Of course, I always got to be Annie, cuz I was the oldest.

What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? I love spending time with my family, and the reminder to celebrate Christ's life, and to be more like him.

What is your favorite holiday dessert?My MIL makes the best fudge, ever! Also, last year my cousin made us this awesome chocolate chip cheeseball, that is way yummy! And a few years ago, I was dorking around in the kitchen and made up a recipe for chocolate mint/candycane cookies. Yum yum!! Oh, and toffee, and divinity....should I keep going or do you get the idea?

What is your favorite tradition? Growing up, we always had a big dinner on Christmas eve, and watched the Luke 2 video, and had a little talent show, and opened a present. Since we've gotten married, and with kids, we still go to Mom's on Christmas eve, up until the last couple of years. We're working on our own traditions now.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. I get a little carried away at Christmas. But, my hubby is a super gift giver, and really good as surprises and keeping a secret, so it's always fun to see what he's going to get me.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?Oh, where to begin? I'm funny about Christmas music. I only like it for about 3 weeks. Any earlier than Dec 1, and I HATE it. And I can't take the cheesy Bing Crosby stuff. Sorry. I like instrumental Christmas music, (obviously). My favorite songs are: O come, O come Emmanuel, Angels We have Heard on High, Pachelbel Canon(yes that's a Christmas song) Carol of the Bells, Silent Night......I love Kurt Bestor, George Winston, Jim Brickman, John Schmidt (all piano artists), but I also like Harry Connick, Jr, Carpenters, and Barbra Streisand Christmas albums.

Candy canes! Yuck or yum? Yuck. NO thank you! Blech! But crushed up and thrown into chocolate cookies? YUM!!

Ever recycled a Christmas present? I've reused ribbon and wrapping paper off of presents before. I don't remember re-gifting, unless you count white elephant.

Don't Be A Scrooge! Tag 7 friends to Deck the Halls... If you feel like doing this, do it! Or not. Whatever.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have noticed your absence! But I completely understand.

And I'm not a fan of the snow. I'm glad we've been having a mild winter.

tiki_lady said...

i love this tag, but I don't have time to do it! enjoyed reading yours!