Maybe it's the fact that I just kissed my hubby goodbye for the weekend. Every year, he and his buddy drive down south to go to the Vegas Bowl. I think BYU is playing Air Force? Don't quote me. I try to listen when C tells me about his sports endeavors, but sometimes, it doesn't always stick. I can't remember my own name sometimes, don't ask me to remember trivial stuff that I don't particularly care about.
I DO care, however, that I will be husbandless for the next two days. And that Sunday morning, I have..I mean get...to direct our ward choir for the entire Sacrament meeting program. Sans husband. With 3 naughty children. Yeah. How the hell am I supposed to do that? Sorry, I said Hell when I'm talking about going to church. I guess that's where I'm going. Hell, that is. Actually, somewhere hot does sound kind of nice right now.
Anyway, in a brief moment of insanity, and unusual positivity, I picked three songs from the Messiah for the choir to sing. Uh...what was I thinking? Actually, I think it will be really good. We have some really, amazingly talented people in our ward. Especially our accompanist. She can play anything I throw at her, beautifully by the way, and without complaint. I think she has no clue how much I appreciate her. Maybe I need to go bring her a present and tell her so.
So, directly after standing with my rear facing the congregation for the entire meeting, while also wrestling with three restless monkeys, we are hopping in the ole Tahoe, and heading south to meet up the C and T, and T's family. I'm sure I'll be super organized and will have all my Christmas wrapped and ready to go (for when we get back on Christmas Eve), house spotless, and car loaded before we go to church, so we can leave immediately after Sacrament meeting.
I'm also sure that my children will behave perfectly all through church, and then also, sit quietly during the 4 hour drive down to St.G.
What are you doing this weekend?
Speaking of Random randomness. Wonderwoman tagged me. You know how I like tags. And it kind of goes with random, so here it goes. You are supposed to list 16 random things about yourself, then tag 16 people. Ok, so here you have it.
Ummmmm....16 things? I can't think of one. Let's see......
1. I'm rethinking the whole release my CD and becoming a famous recording artist. It's proving to be mighty pricey, and a huge gamble that I won't sell any CD's. I might just keep my recording to myself. Maybe my kids can release it when I die.
2. Remember the chin hairs I talked about? Well, I found another one. A gray one! AAARRGGGH!!!
3. I think I spent too much money on naughty kids for Christmas and, so, the last week, I have been returning stuff. Yes, I have returned my kids' Christmas presents. I'm so mean.
4. I don't have a gift for my in-laws. Any ideas?
5. I'm copying Wonderwoman's idea on this one. After having two babies with an epidural, and not feeling a darn thing, and being disappointed that I didn't know what labor felt like after having 2 kids, I decided to have baby #3 without an epidural. Yeah, it hurt, but it was better than being numb. I would do it again.
6. I always get depressed around the holidays. Every year. I don't know why. The weather? The stress? My agoraphobia kicking in and all the parties we have to go to?
7. I want a cleaning lady for Christmas. I can't keep up with my housework. How does one family create this much clutter? And the laundry!! Oh, the laundry!!!!!
8. I hate candy canes.
9. I like chocolate oranges.
10. I also like Almond Roca. So does C. Every year, I buy him a can of it, then eat some. He never buys any for me. This year, I bought two. One for him, one for me.
11. I'm still curious about Motherboard's wassail.
12. I haven't drank? drunk? dranken? drinked? had eggnog in years. I don't remember if I like it. (I don't know how to do that stike through thing. How do you do it?)
13. C and I are going to watch the Superbowl in February. In Tampa, FL. At Madison Square Gardens. Live. In Person. :)
14. My sister is pregnant with twins. She lives halfway across the country. I really wish I could be there and see her growing belly, and help with her other 3 children.
15. 2 of my brothers are also expecting babies. Well, their wives are, at least.
16. I'm starting to kind of, sort of, maybe starting to feel a little teeny tiny bit baby hungry.
I tag (whew, here goes): Mikki, Jess, Tammy, Peggy, Red, Shauna, Motherboard (even though I think WW already tagged you), Shelle, Kristina (because you love tags), Tink, Jan, Cynthia, Erin, Shaila, Andrea, Mina
Wow, this is proving to be a long post. I guess that's Ok, since it will probably be my last until after Christmas.
Here are some Rockin' Christmas tunes:
1. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen(Manheim Steamroller)
2. Variations on the Kanon (George Winston)
3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Coldplay)
4. Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella (Jon Schmidt)
5. What Child is This? (Kurt Bestor)
6. Christmas Dreaming (Harry Connick, Jr.)
7. Jingle Bells (Jim Brickman)
8. I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas (Barry Gordon)
9. Let it Snow (Michael Buble)
10. The Hat I Got For Christmas is too big (Mel Blanc)
Bonus: Breath of Heaven (Amy Grant)
Bonus bonus: Merry Christmas, Darling (Carpenters) Because I love this song!