I saw this tag on someone's blog months ago, and now I'm finally getting around to doing it. In honor of Valentine's Day, and the 9 year anniversary of C proposing to me, here you go:
1. Where did you and your husband meet? In a singles ward at the U. I was ward chorister and saw him while I was sitting on the stand. He was so cute, it took me several months to get up the nerve to talk to him.
2. How long before you kissed? About 4 dates, I think. It was THE most romantic first kiss EVER!!
3. Who kissed who first? I think we both knew we were going to kiss that night and I was nervous, so I just kept talking and he kissed me, cutting me off mid-sentence.
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? Just under two years. We first met in June 1998, and we got engaged on Valentines day 2000.
5. How did he propose? On Valentines day, I made him dinner at his apartment, he told me he loved me for the first time, and then pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him.
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? We went together to pick it out, in December, I think. He had the ring for almost 2 months before he proposed. He says he was just waiting for the right time. I think he was still deciding if he really wanted to marry this crazy girl.
7. Do you still like the ring? I love it! Marquis cut diamond, with small round diamonds down the sides of the band, in yellow gold. I always wanted yellow gold, but white gold was just starting to get popular when we got married, so I debated. I always thought yellow gold would come back, and now it has!!
8. Where was your wedding and reception? We got married in the Logan Temple, and our reception was at the Weber State Alumni Center
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? My two sisters, and my 3 sister in laws were bridesmaids, so 5.
10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses? I let them choose between Black, gray or silver. I didn't have a special one for all of them. I wanted to keep is simple
11. What was your bouquet made of? Red roses, and white gerbera daisies
12. Who gave you away? My Dad, I guess. They don't really have people give you away in the temple.
13. Did you cry during your wedding? Yes, I almost made it all the way through, then I made eye contact with my sister, and got weepy.
14. What style was your dress? I loved my dress. I would totally wear it again. Short sleeves, square neck, umpire waist, with beading and lace on top, chiffon overlays on bottom. Not to fluffy, and not too long of a train. I'll have to find a picture.
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? Wedding day? Sweet. Wedding night? SEXY!!
16. Who caught your bouquet? Ummm....I think one of my friends who was dating C's friend, and I think they did get married next.
17. What flavor was your cake? I had a layer with chocolate and a layer with white, with raspberry filling. I wanted to have some the next day, but my brothers ate it all. Typical.
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? We were nice....and boring, but we did cut our cake with a big ole butcher knife because they couldn't find the pretty one. I'll have to find that picture too.
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? I know we danced to one song, I can't remember what it was, but I sang "The Way you Look Tonight" with the band at my reception.
20. What did you serve your guests to eat? C wanted pizza and coke, and I just had to put my foot down. I was NOT going to serve redneck football food at my wedding. So we served hot wings, and little wieners, and fruit trays, and brownies, and lemonade. Half way through the reception, I thought I really could use a Coke right now. Dang it, C is always right, even from the beginning!
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? We flew under the radar on that one! Nobody did!!
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? Probably the gift basket of "wedding night stuff" from C's friends. What a bunch of pervs. They were all single, and it was a little embarrassing, but memorable. That, and the Kitchenaid from my parents.
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? The only think I can remember is this Easter bunny cookie jar from a lady in my Mom's ward, and every time I saw her she would ask me if I liked her gift. That, and I got like 14 waffle makers.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Las Vegas, baby! Our friends gave us their timeshare down there as a wedding gift. It was quite the adventure. Between heat stroke, sunburns, and our blowing out the engine in our car on the way back, and riding from Nephi to Centerville in a tow truck, it was quite the romantic getaway!!!
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? Ummm.....I've never really liked how I did my hair. And I remember being really snotty with my Mom through it all, and I wish I had been more gracious.
I tag anyone that wants to play along (who hasn’t already) and relive their wedding day!