Friday, March 21, 2008

Antelope Island



Today, the kids and I went on a "little" bike ride with Grandma Mary, Grandpa Russ and uncle Charlie. Mom and Charlie wanted to ride from their house in Layton to the causeway. So the kids and I hopped in the truck with Dad and drove until we found then on the side of the rode in about Clearfield, and I hopped on my bike and joined them. I haven't ridden my bike in sooo long. It was so exhilerating...the cool, spring air, the wind on my face, my heart pounding...I haven't felt so good in a long time.
Ok...to back up...while we were pumping up tires, tightening bolts on training wheels, etc., Kennedie says to me, "Mom, I wanna ride it without the training wheels." (Keep in mind, Kennie has never ridden two wheel before) My parents live in a culdesac, so I took off her training wheels for her to practice while we got ready, with the intention of putting them back on for the ride down the causeway.
She just took off, like an old pro! Grandpa helped her a little with balance, but she HAD it! After that, she absolutely REFUSED to let me put on her training wheels.



So after we passed the gate, we pulled over at the 2 mile marker (the causeway to Antelope Island is 7 miles long), pulled out the bikes and started riding. Tyson made it about 3/4 mile, which I expected, and got back in the truck. I had Baylie in the baby seat on the back of my bike. I asked Kennedie how she was doing, and she said she wanted to keep going.



She made it all the way to the island. That's FIVE miles! I couldn't believe she rode that far, after only learning the ride on two wheels five minutes before we left! I was so proud of her!



It was such a great day! I think being sick and being cooped up on the house all week was giving my cabin fever BIG TIME! This was just what I needed to get my spirits up!
What a Fun Day!






p.s.
Here is my Random List for Today!

1. Bicycle Race - Queen
2. Love Song - Sara Bareilles
3. Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
4. Money in the Bank - John Anderson
5. Clumsy - Fergie
6. Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
7. Little Goodbye's - SheDaisy
8. They All Laughed - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
9. If Everyone Cared - Nickelback
10. Love Walks In - Van Halen

Bonus:
Apolgize - Timbaland and One Republic

3 comments:

Elisa said...

OH.MY.GOSH! You are amazing. I would've died after leaving the cul-de-sac! Really! I need to get my act together... we have lived here for 2.5 years, and my kids have never been to antelope island... That would be fun to ride bikes there... on the causeway... not ALL the way there...
You inspire me girlfriend!
Happy Easter!

Jessica said...

That's a fun ride. Last September, I rode the causeway with Ava. I didn't realize it was 7 miles one way! She was only 5 months old but she was a little trooper. Cute pictures of your kids!

Sher said...

Motherboard--
It's an easy ride, you're kids could do it. It's flat the whole way, and lots of trails on the island to ride. I highly recommend it!