Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hello, My Name is Sherrie, and I am a Chocoholic

Yes. I am addicted to chocolate, sugar, treats, you name it. My little Isagenix diet didn't work to exorcise my sweet tooth. Yes, I do consider it my demon, although I think of chocolate as soooo Heavenly.


This is a regular occurance at our house. Not only do I have the recipe for Chocolate chip cookies memorized, so does KJ. She knows every ingredient, and which measuring cup to use.


She can even crack the eggs all by herself.


And don't forget to taste-test it. Very, very important.

Sometimes we like to change things up a bit, and put in different things. Last week we ran out of chocolate chips, so we just put in cocoa and make chocolate cookies. Today, we had a half a bag of mini chocolate chips, and a half a bag of toffee bits. I thought it sounded yummy!


KJ was Very upset with me that we put in the toffee bits. She's never had them before, and was SURE that she wasn't going to like it. I have THE pickiest eater on the planet. She has the strangest tastes, too. She almsot completely vegan. She won't eat bread or meat, and will eat mostly just vegetables. But I read on Dooce recently that her daughter won't eat bread. So if somebody that famous can't get her child to eat bread, then maybe there's still hope for me. Yes, I can't get Kennedie to try much more than grapefruit and caviar. Ok, she's never tasted caviar. But I bet she's probably more like to try that than Mickey D's chicken nuggets.

But, after a little chat, I got her to try it.


After she decided it was good enough for her, she had to resume her daily ritual of licking the beater.

Usually, we never quite get around to baking the cookies. We usually just eat the dough. I know, some people think that's gross.. Uh, Hello! How could cookie dough possibly be gross? It's divine!


This little scooper spoon thingy is the best invention EVER for making cookies. You get the perfect size and shape of cookies every time!


I am actually baking these cookies this time!


One more taste of cookie dough! Yum!


MMMMmmmmm. Cooooookieeeees!


UPDATE!!!
Ok, ok. Here is our Super-Special-Secret Shepherd Family Chocolate-Chip Cookie recipe. You should all consider yourselves lucky to get this one!

2 cubes butter
3/4 C white sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips

Cream butter, add sugars, mix. Add egg, vanilla, mix. Add flour, soda. Mix. Add Chocolate chips. Mix.
Spoon balls onto cookie sheet (make sure you use the really cook scooper spoon thingy). Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

Are you kidding me? The only way to eat chocolate chip cookies is when they aren't cooked. It really freaks my husband out too... but oh. they are SOO good that way. When they are cooked they are like hockey pucks. Oh wait. Just MY cookies are like hockey pucks.

Kendell's Crusaders said...

Mmmm, that sounds so good right now. Good luck on Saturday, I'll say hello if I manage to find you amongst the thousands of people there.

Barney Family Blog said...

Are you reallly doing this to me?!! Not fair Those look so yummy and with toffee bits in sounds even better. What a fun thing to do together. I'm impressed Kennedie has the recipe memorized.

Angela said...

oh, YUM! I too have a major sweet-tooth. I ate so much junk yesterday... and loved every minute of it! If I could live that way every day with no adverse effects, you bet your bottoms I would!

I think you need to share the recipe...

Nick and Stacey said...

I am excited to try out this recipe...I haven't quite found the perfect cookie recipe yet! I think we might just try this one out today! We need something to do! Isn't it funny what your kids decide they do and don't like? Mitchell supposedly didn't like Milk, but I told him it would make hims strong so now he thinks its pretty good! Silly Kids! I am glad kennedie decided she liked the cookies licking the beater is deffinately the best part!

Cute Family said...

I was the biggest chocoholic too until I found out I was allergic to everything! I literally can't eat anything anymore! So I say to everyone out there that can eat their favorite treats without getting sick-- go for it!!