Thursday, March 5, 2009

Are you Freakin' Kidding Me??!!


Dear Makers of Finale Print Music:


While I appreciate that you have provided a program for me to more easily write and notate music on the computer, and your program is easy and fun to use, I have just one item of complaint.


After spending countless hours of my precious time, notating a very important choral arrangement, inputting each single note one at a time, listening to it to ensure the quality of the sound, your program unexpectedly shut down.


And while I was sure that your "auto-save" feature was enabled, when I re-opened the program, much to my dismay, ALL of my work had been lost. Patiently, I started again, clicking each, individual note, one by one. This time, pausing to push the "Save" button after notating each line.


Your program continues to shut down, over and over. The last time I contacted you about this horrible ordeal, you suggested that I pay an extra $30 and upload the 2009 version of your program, ensuring me that that would fix the problem. So, I did so, paying an extra $30, when I had already spent over $100 on the already new and updated 2008 version of Finale Print Music.

The program continues to shut down, wasting my time.


I have a deadline to finish this project, and would have been done hours ago, if it weren't for your piece of crap program.


In retribution for the hassle this has caused me, I want you to reimburse me 1000 hours of my time. Simply transport me back in time, to before the incident, and fix your damn program.

In addition, I would like my arrangement finished, and perfect before the start of this time allotment.


Thank you.


Sincerely,

Frustrated and out of time.

17 comments:

Shauna said...

That is very stressful when that happens! I am so sorry! ♥ Hugs!

mCat said...

ARRRGGHGHGG!!!

But I love that picture! That is EXACTLY how I felt on the phone with a "user" today......

Good luck with that piece of crap program you have!

Erin said...

Note to self: don't buy Finale Print Music.

wendy said...

Whoa----you need a diet coke (no wait, what is it you like, cherry coke??) valium-------
I can't stand those kinds of frustrations so you Deserve to be reimbursed for all your hours of time not to mention mental stress. People go to court all the time over mental stress--need a good lawyer....
Hey I keep trying to watch the video of the trailer to Annette's book and your music and it just tells me this video is no longer available???????? So is that true - or am I A COMPUTER IDIOT!!!!!
Now I--need a diet coke.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

That sounds extremely frustrating! I don't blame you for being irritated and disgusted. Have you asked to talk to management? Normally you get better results if you go straight to the top with your complaint.

Annette Lyon said...

******SCREAM!!!******

Unknown said...

Oh, sister, do NOT even get me started on "Finale"! I mean it! Do NOT! Oops, too late. Now I'm started.

I have absolutely no doubt - we're talking knowledge-based and not faith-based conviction here - that as soon as Satan got his bearings after being cast out of heaven, he started an insurance company, told Will Farrell he could act, and wrote the Finale Print Music program.

Run, Sher! Pick up a fine-point Sharpie and plug it all in by hand. I really believe your salvation depends on it.

Lisa said...

Crap!

Heidi said...

There are few things more frustrating in life than a stupid computer problem--computers are supposed to save us time, not make mince meat of everything!

Lara Neves said...

My husband hates Finale. He prefers a program called Sibelius. I know you just spent all that money (you should demand a refund), but look into Sibelius and see what you think. I have no idea how much it costs, but you can do a free trial (of course, the free trial doesn't actually let you SAVE anything...you have to print immediately, but you could see if you even like the program itself.)

Anyway, I can't stand that you have all that time and effort. Good luck.

Wonder Woman said...

I can just see you at the computer, punching this post into the computer, trying to make sure the kids don't hear you swear. :o)

This sounds inCREDibly frustrating. I hope you can figure something out soon. That Sibelius thing she was talking about sounds good. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Man, I hate things like that. We just want our programs to work, people. Is that REALLY too much to ask?

tiburon said...

Do you want me to kill someone?

Cause I am totally in the mood.

Jen said...

Oh man! That sux! It truly does. I know where you're coming from--not on a music side--but on working on a hard project only to have it LOST! You just want to break the stupid machine!

Elisa said...

I had fun last night! Thanks.

tammy said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!

And laughing at Tib's comment. That girl cracks me up.

Jo said...

Seriously?? Oh my holy heck, how frustrating!