Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reports on the rest of my Hawaii trip

Let's see....where was I?
Ah, yes....Hawaii. As for the rest of the trip, to sum it up:
We only had a couple of days after I last posted, so we spent some time at the beach, but it was unfortunately to cold to lay out/tan, or snorkel. It was pretty windy the whole time we were there. The only souvenir I really wanted to bring home was a tan. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find one.
So, I came home, pasty as ever.
We did see some more giant sea turtles on the shore though. A whole flock/family/whatever you'd call a bunch of them. I think there were 7 all together. It was pretty cool. One of the many moments I had wished my kids were with me. I walked down and tried to pet one of them. I think I scared it because it crawled down the shore and swam away. I later learned that it is against the law to touch the turtles. Oops.



It was a very family friendly place. Especially the hotel we stayed at. There were 3 pools with slides, and fun activities for the kids. If we ever go back there again, I'll take the monkeys with me, next time.

We had some fancy corporate dinners every night. It would've been fun to get all dressed up if it weren't for the fact that I had eaten so much, already, that I didn't fit into any of my clothes.

Here are some fun pictures of us at some of the dinners.


And here is me in my mu mu.
Okay, okay, it's not really a mu mu. It's a dress that I conveniently used as a swim suit cover up, that is also nice and baggy on the belly, so you don't see any of my muffin top action going on.

On Saturday we did a zip line tour. That was probably my favorite part of the trip. We took a big old Hummer up the mountain, through the jungle on a rough and bouncy dirt road. Then we went down 7 zip lines. The first ones were shorter and shallow, just to get used to it, but by the last one, we were basically just walking off cliffs, and over waterfalls. It was AWESOME!! We zipped over a couple of different waterfalls that were just amazing and beautiful. But you could only see the waterfall from the middle of the zip line. The trees were so think that you couldn't stand on the edge of the cliff and see it to take a picture. And I was too much of a wimp to let go of the rope to take a picture.





We flew home Saturday night. Pulled an all nighter on a red-eye flight. Got home about an hour and a half before church started, went to church to lead the choir for ward conference. Then came home and crashed.

I think I will start doing some wordless Wednesdays so I can post some more of the pictures I took.

Here are a few:




17 comments:

Devri said...

Wow!! amazing.. You don't have a muffin top woman..

Missy said...

Fab pics!

Barney Family Blog said...

Wow! That looked like a blast! One dat I liked to make it there.

Robin Beck said...

Looks like such a great time Sher!
I made the same mistake you did! I was in Kona about 9 years ago for the Ironman triathlon...A couple of us were in the water doing a training swim and I saw a baby turtle and held on to him a little bit!!! (while in the water) I had NOOOOO idea it was against the law until a bunch of us were talking about it later!!! Egad!
Love your photos-Makes me want to go back soon!
Take Care,
Robin~♥

Annette Lyon said...

I suddenly want to go to Hawaii.

And REALLY I want a mumu that's not a mumu to hide my flaws.

Jo said...

You look wonderful. The pictures are amazing, although you might wan to be careful of the one that proves you BROKE the law. Ahem. I am so glad you had a good time. I LOVE the pictures. Did I mention I really love your pictures?

Jan said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Sher.

These are fantastic picture making me so happy for you both. What a lovely time and you both look so happy. What a scary thing you did too. So proud of you zipping through paradise.

Jessica said...

So fun! You took some really pretty pictures. Sounds like you got to do some really fun stuff! You look so cute in all of your pictures. I'm so ready to be back in shape and have my body back but I still have 3 months to go...oh well. :)

Ribbon Garden said...

Looks like a lot of fun, love the pictures. Happy Birthday yesterday, I was thinking of you! :)

Just SO said...

Love them! What a wonderful time it looks like you had.

Spence said...

Ah man, I'm so jealous

Brooke said...

Wow, that looks like an amazing time! It's so beautiful. The zip line looked like it was super fun too! I'm glad you had a good time!

mCat said...

Looks like so much fun and BEAUTIFUL!!
And good on ya girl for the bravery of the zip line. I'm not sure I could do it, but might add to my bucket list!

Welome home!!

Lisa said...

Cold or not, it still looks like a great time. Where did you stay?

Heidi said...

You went to church after that?!??! Wow! I'm impressed.

Erin said...

I am so glad you had a fantastic time. Yay for you!

tiburon said...

That is IT! I am coming with you next time ;)