Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Sherisms, and Random Tunes

I got nothin'. Sorry. I'm completely drawing a blank. But, I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much BS-ing I can do when I have nothing to talk about.

I could give you a run down of my week. Let's see--laundry, laundry and more laundry. Story.of.my.LIFE!


It's seems this is the one thing that is NEVER done. I mean, we can clean house, and sure, it'll get dirty again, but for a few precious hours minutes it's clean, and looks nice, and you can sit down in a nice clean house and relax.

But, the laundry will NEVER be done.

I've tried several different strategies. I know people who have one laundry day a week, and just do it all in one day. How do you do it? Do you never leave your laundry room ALL DAY LONG? I've tried that method. Of course, you have to wait for the first batch to finish, then wait for the dryer while you wash the next batch. There's a lot of waiting involved. So, say you go do something else in the meantime. Let's assume, you don't have other stuff to do, and you are right there the moment the buzzer goes off that the dryer is done. And you can change out the clothes immediately, and start a new batch.

I don't know about you, but my family wears a lot of clothes. I don't know how this happens, but I usually have at least one full batch of clothes every day. And a batch of whites every other day. And a batch of towels every other day. So added up, if I were to do laundry only one day a week, I would be doing about 15 batches of laundry. Then account for the fact that it takes roughly 2 hours for the entire cycle of washing/drying for one batch. Plus about 20 minutes to fold and put away. That's 32 hours and 20 minutes of doing laundry, assuming you never stop to eat, breath, go to the bathroom, shower, answer the phone, or pay attention to the kids/hubby.

You see now why doing it all in one day doesn't work.

So, I do at least one batch everyday. And just when I have all the laundry baskets emptied, more dirty clothes magically appear.

I think the only way for Laundry Day to work is if it were to coincide with Naked Day.


**************


Our elementary school had a "Moms and Muffins" day today at school. It's just a little activity before school, where Mom's come early with their kids, and eat muffins, and sit down and read books together. KJ really wanted me to go, so I planned to get up early, and get everyone dressed ahead of time. Trust me, getting up an extra half hour earlier is a MAJOR thing. I like need my sleep. But, of course, for KJ, I got up, got everyone dressed and out the door by 8:00. Major feat, let me tell you. We got to the school, and stood in line for 20 minutes. By the time we got to the muffin table, all the chocolate muffins were gone. Of course, KJ had already said she would only eat a chocolate one. I purposely didn't feed her breakfast, because I wanted her to try a muffin. So, I gave her an apple spice muffin, instead. It took the last 10 minutes of the activity to coerce KJ to eat a crumb (and not I'm not exaggerating) off the top of the muffin.

What to do with such a picky, picky child?


**************


I ran 8 miles yesterday. It's the longest run I've done in several weeks. And, ho boy, am I sore today! I'm wandering around doing the zombie shuffle today.

I ran a little bit in Hawaii, but only about 4-5 miles. I've had a really hard time getting motivated the last several months with running. And the effect compounds on itself, and makes it even harder. I ease up on my miles, and I gain weight. I'm convinced that it's harder to run with the extra weight, so I run slower, and fewer miles. And gain more weight. It totally sucks. It makes me wonder, if I were to stop exercising all together, what would happen to my body?


So, I'm signed up for the Ogden marathon. It's in about 8 weeks. And a month ago I was running about 14 miles on my long runs. I haven't run more than 8 miles (yesterday) in 3 weeks. I think I might be in trouble.


**************


I guess that's it for today. Today, I'm working on transcribing more of my songs into sheet music. I'm hoping that by next week I'll have links on my website where you can download sheet music. And then hopefully by the time the CD is finished I'll have a full songbook available for purchase, also. Just FYI. p.s. I'm offering free shipping if you go to my website and pre-order a CD. They'll be ready really soon, so go on over there and order one!!



**************


Here are some tunes:


1. You're Beautiful - James Blunt

2. I Don't Want To Lose You - REO Speedwagon

3. Upside Down - Jack Johnson

4. Love Will Come To You - Indigo Girls

5. Sonata No. 2 in b flat minor for Piano, Op. 35, Grave "Funeral March" - Chopin

6. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson

7. Candy Everybody Wants - 10,000 Maniacs

8. Go All the Way - Perry Farrell

9. Good As I Was To You - Lorrie Morgan

10. Since I've Been Loving You - Corinne Bailey Rae


Bonus: Jamie's Cryin' - Van Halen







15 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Sherrie this is in response to your comment on my blog, since I am convinced that you comment but you dont expect responses, because that is what I do! I cant figure out how to put the playlist on my blog. I used to have it on FB but they had some kind of dispute and it was just gone one day. If you can tell me how to get it onto my blog I will put it on!

Kristina P. said...

There are only two of us, and I swear we have enough laundry for a family of 7. And I do a lot of dry cleaning, so I don't even wash a ton of my stuff!

mCat said...

Laundry blows. I'm so glad to just and Splenda Daddy and I's. I've had my boys do their own laundry once they start jr high, so it's much easier for me. The only part is who gets the laundry room on what day?....

And no worries on the milage, it will come. You know that.

xoxox

Annette Lyon said...

Good luck with the marathon. I know you can do it. I couldn't, but you can. :)

Heidi said...

Wow, I don't know what I am doing differently but I just don't have that much laundry. There are five of us. One thing I do different, is just wash the undies and sox with their regular clothes, no big deal. Really. Garmies, mine and his get washed together. I don't wash sheets as much as I should. My kids wear the same pair of pants at least twice before they put them in the dirty clothes hamper but they are geeks, not the climbing trees kind. Boy, I feel for you! Yuck! (Also, we use the same towel for a week before washing it--you just use it to dry off a clean body, so . . .)

Erin said...

I was gone for 7 1/2 days, and my husband didn't do any laundry until the day I came home. When I got home, he said, "I have been doing laundry since the moment I woke up this morning and I JUST finished. I have a new appreciation for you." HALLELUJAH! Yes, it's hard work!

Just SO said...

I was just pondering the other day. I was wondering what is the big deal with clothes? Are they all that great? They just get dirty and pile up in my house. Darn modesty.

And I think my life would be so much easier if I had a set of one of those great front loading washers with a dryer that dries in the same amount of time as it takes to wash a load.

Peggy said...

I was wondering if you were going to do the Ogden marathon again. Good luck! I ran a mile a couple of days ago WITHOUT STOPPING! Hooray! My goal is to get up to 3 so I can do the Race for the Cure in May.

And good luck with the laundry. It will never end, so we all have just got to face it!

Jessica said...

That's exciting that your CD is almost done! I'm one of those people that does most of the laundry on one day but it always drags into the next day and of course the last load sits in the dryer for a few days. It's really annoying but sometimes Nate helps me fold it and that makes it better.

deb@virginia blue said...

No. Laundry will never be caught up...it's a complete impossibility.

I do it every other day, at LEAST. The only saving grace for me is that my 14 year old son does ALL of his own laundry. But sometimes that means we're fighting over the washing maching.

wendy said...

I am lucky with the laundry thing -- MY HUSBAND WON'T LET ME DO HIS LAUNDRY (not sure what he's saying there) BUT - FINE. He is sooooo pa-ti-cu-lar with his freaking laundry. So he just goes ahead and does mine as well, AND now that I have no kids at home I DON'T DO ANY LAUNDRY. It is so liberating. (motto, if you screw up on something, someone else will volunteer to do it) I find I am cooking less as well (tee,hee)

as for you running -------good job there. You look like a marathoner -(whatever that means) the long lean body I guess is what I'm referring to.
I look like a "sitter"

Wonder Woman said...

Laundry. I didn't do any all week, and had 5 loads yesterday. I thought this was a lot.....but now I'm realizing it's not that bad. Probably because I'm the only girl and my boys are still small. And I don't mind laundry, probably because my washer and dryer are so accessible -- I'm not going up and down stairs to change loads. And folding laundry gives me an excuse to watch stuff on TV.

Happy late birthday! I can understand the birthday blues. Looks like you had a blast in Hawaii. Love the Twilight baseball music on your playlist. (Love all your playlist, actually.) Good luck on training for the marathon!

susette said...

I wish I lived by you and you could teach ME how to run. The spirit wants to but the flesh is weak. I can lay down a lot of miles walking but just can't seem to master the running stuff. Good luck to you. You're beautiful!

Elisa said...

Why did God even invent clothes? Sheesh. It would be so much easier if we didn't have them.

I abhor laundry. But I bet you already knew that!

tiburon said...

I HATE LAUNDRY!!!