Thursday, April 3, 2008

10 Types of Runners


Ok. I found another article from Active.com that I just loved! It's called the 10 Types of Runners.
It was totally hilarious for the simple fact that it is soooo true! If you have a moment click above and check it out!
I have seen the Dr. 90210/Desalination Machine. This description is NO EXAGGERATION! After I ran my last half marathon in St. George in January, I saw this girl who, no joke, was in full make-up, perfect hair, and not a drip of sweat on her perfect body and she strutted to the finish line in her little sports bra and shorts (Hello--it's January! and even in St. George it's still only 50 degrees!)
Nissa and I also spotted, during the race, a woman who was actually doing the "Phoebe run" Did you ever see that episode of Friends? Phoebe runs in the park flailing her arms like a maniac while running sporatically in a sort of Kermit the Frog fashion. This woman was seriously running like that. I think she would be categorized as "the Frightened Dog Swatter"
I hate to admit it, but I think I am a cross between "The Salination Machine" and "The Sloth" and "The Human Cybertron".
(Another one of my very embarrassing features is that I sweat like a pig when I exercise)
I might scratch the surface of the Human Cybertron because of my I-pod, and my Garmin (equipped with GPS and Heart Rate monitor). I LOVE my Garmin. Santa gave it to me for Christmas. I can't run without it now. I LOVE IT!!! But, I really don't think it's all that weird..a lot of people run with an I-pod and a GPS.
And the Sloth because of this: if you scroll down to the very first post I ever put on this blog it has pictures of me running my first half marathon.

Look at my feet. Am I really actually running? It looks like I'm ice skating across the pavement...do my feet really actually leave the ground? No wonder I'm always tripping! Luckily, I haven't fallen yet...knock on wood!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Good luck on your race this weekend!