Friday, April 18, 2008

Random 10 Friday


This is my hubby doing a back flip on the tramp. Isn't he cute!?

I borrowed another Tag from my cousin Stacey. Here it is!
My Life Tag

Here goes another tag……

What was I doing 10 years ago?
1998. Hmmm. I was living in downtown Salt Lake with two roommates, one of which always stole my tithing money and my bras when I wasn't home, and would wake up at 5 am on Saturdays and pound the piano and sing at the top of her lungs to her ugly cat. I hated her. In June, 10 years ago, I was going to a singles ward at U of U where I was the ward chorister, and one day sitting on the stand, I spotted the most handsome boy I'd ever seen, and shamelessly introduced myself after sac. meeting. That boy was my hubby Clint! I can't believe it's been 10 years since we met. And it only took me 2 years afterward to convince him to marry me. Also, my little sister got married in 1998. I was a little bugged because she met her husband one month before I met Clint, and they got married in Nov 1998, and we got married, slightly after that, in May 2000.


5 things on my to do list today:

1. Go to the Temple with my family. It's my Grandpa's birthday, and I think he is officiated in the session. What a wonderful way to spend his birthday: in the temple with his wife, children, and grandchildren!

2. Take the kids to the zoo! Yeah!!!

3. Go to the grocery store. I have been putting this off all week, and we have NO food in the house. I HATE to go grocery shopping. Clint alwasy teases me that I get to go shopping. WHat?!! Ummm, No. It's not like that, my dear. It sucks. But ya do whatcha gotta do, because I have hungry monkeys whining at me.

4. Clean, because I slacked yesterday and didn't do it.

5. Carb load. I have to run 20 miles tomorrow.


6 Snacks I enjoy:

1. Sugar snap peas. I love them. I buy the little bags in the produce section by the dozen and eat them all! My kids love them too. I'm going to plant some in my garden this year.

2. No Bake Cookies. I probably make these at least once a week. It's one of my many guilty pleasures.

3. Almonds. Raw whole almonds. I love them. And they are so good for you!

4. Grapes. I'm on a grape kick lately. Probably because they are starting to come in season and they're cheaper at the store.

5. Slim Fast. Sometimes, I just need something to fill my tummy, and I'm always on the go, and so i grap a slim fast. I tell myself that it's my chocolate multi-vitamin shake

6. Cucumbers. We all LOVE cucumbers. Yum yum yum!!


If I were suddenly a billionaire:

Wow. I didn't think that would be such hard question. Well, obviously I would pay off my mortgage, and all my debts. Pay my tithing. I'd probably dump my embarrassing minivan and buy an Escalade or something like that...and a mustang. I seriously think Clint would still keep his truck. Then I'd use some to travel to Italy, and all over Europe. I don't know. I think there'd be a lot left over if I had a billion dollars. I guess I'd have to hire a good financial planner to invest the rest.


5 Places I have lived:

1. Layton, UT (1978-1997)

2. SLC, UT (1997-1998)

3. Centerville, UT (1998-2000)

4. Layton, UT (2000-2006)

5. Kaysville, UT (2006-now)

5 Jobs I have had:

1. AT&T Universal Card (Collector)

2. The Associates (Collector)

3. National Fitness (Collector)

4. Piano Teacher

5. Mom


5 Things people may not know about me:

Ummm. My life is pretty much an open book, so this one is hard.

1. I love sports. Not to watch, but to play. Especially softball. and I think it's a widely known fact that I love to run!

2. I Love the outdoors. Camping, hiking, rafting. Just being in the mountains. We don't do it very much anymore, but I still love it, and hope we can start doing it more now that the kids are older.

3. I am a broadyway baby! I love musicals. I have a secret fantasy of being on broadway, and I still wonder about auditioning for some of the local theaters, but haven't gotten the nerve. I also have a dream to be in the Tab choir, someday.

4. I have an album that I'm in the process of trying to record (if I ever get around to recording it.) I've written a bunch of piano solos, and hymn arrangements, and a couple cover songs and I really want to make a CD. I fantasize about hearing my songs on the radio, even if it just on Sounds of the Sabbath on FM100.

5. I Love to read. Especially in the summer, out by the pool, while my kids swim. It's so relaxing. I also like to go out in the back yard and read while the kids play. And at night after the kids go to bed. I read every chance I get.

5 friends to tag:

Whoever wants to do it. I'd like to get to know these little things about all of you.

I'm adding to this tag. And I want all of you to participate.

My random 10 list. Just add 10 random songs from your Ipod or whatever CD is in your player, or on the radio.

1. It's Not Over - Daughtry
2. Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
3. Money in the Bank - John Anderson
4. Runnin' with the Devil - Van Halen
5. Dancing Queen - ABBA
6. Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi
7. Apologize - Timbaland
8. Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
9. Far Away - Nickelback
10. Walk of Life - Dire Straits

Bonus:
Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's

p.s. This list is all from my running playlist, in random order.
Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Barney Family Blog said...

Sher
I just have to say I love you!! I love that you call me almost everyday. I love that I we talk out our problems together, one of seems to always have a solution. I love that you are so fun to laugh with, mostly because I laugh louder with you and that's fun but partially because you snort (hee-hee)and then I really laugh louder, I love that I can come to your blog and like all the music that is playing speaking of which I love "love song" I haven;t that one before it sounds like a fun piano song to play and sing too. I just love that you are my sister!

Sher said...

Kris, you are so nice! I Love you too!

Jessica said...

That was fun to read! I didn't know some of that stuff about you. We need to get together and do a girl's night out. I really need it!

Sher said...

I was thinking we should do dinner when Kris gets into town (leave the boys and the kids at home)
Jess- Is your house done yet?

Nick said...

That is funny one of your favorite treats is No Bake Cookies! Kristen and I used to make them all the time at your guys' house! You are a wonderful piano player, if you ever got your CD recorded I would buy it! I am glad you did this tag, it is a fun one! That is funny about your roommate also! Darn Cats anyways!

Jessica said...

The inside is pretty much done, I just need to clean it! Nate needs to build the deck and we're getting the driveway poured next week. We're about 2 weeks away but we have a trip to Moab planned when I think we'll be ready to move in so I guess we'll move in 3 weeks.

Elisa said...

You are so amazing! I just LOVE you! Even though you are a David Cook hater! :>p You really are amazing, and SO inspiring! I am so glad we are friends!
Have a very lovely, warm day!