Monday, June 23, 2008

Ragnar Relay

So, I've already mentioned this relay that I did this weekend. The Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. I wrote a post last week about our team. I hope you all read it. If not, you SHOULD!
One my teammates, LaRane, posted about her thoughts, and she is so much more eloquent than I, so I'm copy/pasting her. I'll change a few things here and there to make it from me. So, Rane, I hope you don't mind me copying you.

This weekend I joined 11 other INSANE people for the chance to...... stay up all night/day, RUN, spend serious quality time with 5 of those 11 people in the back of a Tahoe (sorry...what happens in the Tahoe stays in the Tahoe), eat gourmet cup o' noodles at midnight washed down by gatorade and red bull, RUN SOME MORE, eat lots of GU, laugh about things you normally would find maybe not so funny, say things that you would NEVER say in public, do the robot a few times, be jealous you don't have a "party jacket", talk about pooh, make up acronyms that are completely inappropriate (sorry...can't share those rule), be more jealous you don't have shoes that say "kiss this", laugh some more because the fart machine is actually REALLY FUNNY, talk smack about the Incredibles and those damn coconuts, worry you were not going to be able to pooh and RUN ONE MORE TIME because... hey...delirious people and running apparently go hand in hand.

The Ragnar Relay--Wasatch Back is a race that covers about 180 miles from Logan, Utah to Park City, Utah. Most teams are made up of 12 people. However, the real crazies only had 6 people. Every team makes up a name and decorates however they want their two vehicles. We were a team of 12, which means we had two vans with 6 people in each. I was in van 2. Each member runs three legs of the race. Each leg was anywhere from 3 to 8 miles long and is ranked one of four ways 1-easy, 2-moderate, 3-hard or 4-very hard. Start times were from as early as 8 or 9 am (i think) to 5 or 6 pm on Friday, June 20th. Our team started at 1:00 p.m. There were 527 teams I think. It took us a little over 26 hours to complete the race and we came in 127th over all. Not bad!!

I'm so glad that Laurie organized our team, and that she invited me to be in it! I had sooo much fun, despite losing sleep, and turning into the wicked witch of the West on Sunday. My poor husband. I was such a you-know-what yesterday. Luckily, I got caught up last night, and I'm pretty much back to normal now.
I had fun getting to know everyone on my team, and getting to know (a little too well) the people in my van.
Thanks, everyone for putting up with me almost driving off cliffs, decorating my van with embarrassing and obscene statements, and pretty much offending, er, I mean, entertaining me endlessly with your bodily functions and potty jokes!, and inspiring me with your awesome running skills!

I will post a slide show with all the pictures!


Holly said...

That is so awesome that you ran that. Some people in my ward ran that. I am so envious of people that can do that! Congrats!

Jen said...

Sounds so fun... I'm jealous! This sounds so much better than that the 26 mile marathon I ran pretty much by myself.

Shepherd Family said...

I think the marathon was a little easier. At least you don't lose sleep smack dab in the middle of the race.

The Motherboard said...

speechless. thats what i am. speechless.
i think you are a rockstar for doing this. really!

Love Klan said...

I saw people running through Mountain green, was that this race? That is crazy but it sounds so fun!! Too much fun.. Ha-Kresta