Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday, Monday

You remember that song? From the 60's, by the Turtles or something like that? I like that song. My high school show choir sang it, I think my senior year? Actually, it seems like maybe it was a medley...I don't remember what other songs were in it. Weird, how little memories creep up on you like that.

Guess what. It's SUMMER!!!! YEAH!!!!! Actually, after all these weeks of looking forward to school getting out, and everything slowing down, I realized today, that our schedule isn't really changing all that much. The kids are out of school, but I'm keeping them in karate because there is a belt test in July, and KJ is earning her brown belt and moving up to the youth/adult class.
Actually, the biggest change in our schedule is that I won't be doing piano anymore. Well, I will, but only on one day, in the morning, and I only have 3 students taking lessons in the summer.
I'm really, really excited to not have piano lessons, and I'm feeling like I can be a Mom again to my kids.
I have all these great goals:
*make the kids do jobs everyday (since now we have time)
*actually eat meals at home, that I cooked (since now we'll have time)
*Play with the kids more

Speaking of no more piano lessons. We had the recital on Saturday. It went very well! I'm so proud of all those kids and how hard they worked! I feel so stupid, but I actually got emotional and started boobing at the end. I don't know why...I think partly because the stress of the last few weeks finally came to a head at that moment, and partly because I'm so stinkin' proud of my students!

Here are a couple pictures. I gave the camera to my dad to take pictures. He's a little biased, so he only took pictures of KJ and my brother Chuck.




So, last week, on Thursday, KJ had a dance recital. I know I promised pictures, but guess what. In all my frenzy, trying to get kids in the car, KJ dressed, looking for my title to sell my van....I forgot my camera.

Clint took a couple pictures with his blackberry, but they aren't very good. But here they are:


Actually, now that I'm looking at it, they're pretty lousy pictures. Oh, well.

Today, I am catching up on the mountains of laundry I didn't do all week, and the housework I didn't do all last week, and hopefully get outside to do some yard work.

We won't be going to the pool this week...I got an email today saying it was closed because they found poop in it on Saturday.
EEWWW! Yuck! That is nast!
One word people! SWIM DIAPER!! Ok, that's two words, but still....

However, I have a back up plan! I bought a "slip-n-slide" the other day, and have been waiting for it to get warm enough to use it! Hopefully that will pacify the kids until they get the pool cleaned out.

4 comments:

Kendell's Crusaders said...

congrats on the recital, I'm sure you did an amazing job! Oh, and what pool did you get an email from, yikes!

Elisa said...

I heard your recital was AMAZING! I knew it would be with you at the helm!

Remember that old sign they had hanging up at the Bountiful bubble? "Welcome to our OOL. Notice there is no P in it, please keep it that way."
Your community pool needs that sign...
Thats why I want my own pool. I will be swimming in my own funk, and won't have to worry about ebola or something equally gross.

Sher said...

the email was for our neighborhood community pool.
p.s. motherboard, I love that sign idea! I'm going to suggest that at the next HOA meeting!

Nick and Stacey said...

I am glad your recital went to well. What a relief to have that done with! I am sorry about the pool, no fun!