Thursday, June 5, 2008

Throwback Thursday

Once upon a time, not so long ago, on June 5, 2005, a crazy pregnant lady went into labor nearly 4 weeks early. She woke up at 5am, with contractions, waited an hour, decided it was time to go to the hospital. After getting settled in the hospital bed, making sure the hubby had eaten enough (so he wouldn't leave her there to get something to eat, like he did on the first two babies), refusing the epideral (because she had something to prove, I guess), then after her water "exploded" across the room (sorry for the graphic description, but we have to be accurate, right?), starting whining..."never mind, I can't do this without pain meds", got a drip of something in her IV to "take the edge off", then, 10 mintues later, the nurse checks to see that she is fully dialated, the contractions become too hard to bear.

Let me tell you something about going natural. You CANNOT resist the urge to push, there is NO WAY, NO HOW! In that last 30 seconds, I got that "urge", (yes, I'm changing tenses from 3rd to 1st person, that was getting old) the doctor strolled in, scrubbed up (with one arm in a cast), walked straight over, and caught the baby. One push. One very, very, painful push. If you've ever done this think with no epidural, you know what I'm talking about when I say "ring of fire!" Ouch!
But it was over in 5 seconds.

My beautiful baby girl, Peter Suzy, was born on June 5, 2005, at 7:53 am (Yes, only less then 3 hours after I woke up with my first contraction)

I can't believe by baby is 3 today! She's getting so big (although she is perfectly happy to remain the baby, and I'm perfectly happy to keep her that way)

Throwback Thursday is dedicated to Peter.
I just have one more story...sad, sad story before I post pictures. Clint took a ton of pictures on Baylie's first few hours of life, at the hospital. That night, after we were all rested, he went home to transfer the pics to the computer and after we got home from the hospital we discovered that ALL of those pictures were lost! I bawled like a hormonal new mother would in such an atrocious circumstance!
Sad, Sad. But we still have some pictures...and here they are!

Baylie's first bath!


4 days old. Isn't she beautiful?


My sweet babies. Look how little they were...time sure flies...


Baylie's blessing day!


Four Generations: Baylie, Me, My Mom, Mary, and her Mom, Grandma Jean


Daddy's girl


I love and hate this picture. I love that it's one of the few pictures of me with Peter. And I hate it because I look fat and exhausted.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Happy Birthday Baylie!

Alisha said...

Sherrie!! It was great to hear from you on my blog! I'm glad you found it!! Your family is adorable!! It's good to see you're doing well. It'll be great to keep in touch this way. I'm going to add your blog to my links list. :)

Krazy Kat said...

I didn't even realize it was Baylie's birthday until I read your blog. Happy birthday Baylie. I see little Paity in the background of one picture. She looks so little. We should get together sometime and let the kids play.

Elisa said...

You don't look fat... you look beautiful! And, that photo of your cute little nakie baby-- Oh.my.word! she is adorable! I could just eat her! (why do we refer to beautiful babies as things we want to eat??)

I had thing 2 natural... yeah. what WAS i thinking?? I totally get that ring of fire... and I don't think *THAT* was what Johnny Cash was referring to when he wrote that song!

Happy Days Bailey!!

Jessica said...

I like your Throwback Thursdays, that's a cute idea. I think I might be able to start blogging again, sorry I haven't commented in so long. Baylie is adorable and I can't believe she is 3!