Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Rest...

On Sunday afternoon, I was sitting on my neighbor's front porch chatting, the kids were playing out front, when all of a sudden, TJ yells, "Hey Mom, watch me"
Then, as if he's been doing it for years, he rides by one the neighbor girl's princess bike with no training wheels.

WHAT?!!!



My boy, just hopped on the bike and started riding, no help, no lessons. Just hopped on and figured it out for himself.
<

He has been wanting to practice ever since. He does struggle a little more on his own bike because it's a little bigger and he can't quite get started on his own.


Clint watched him riding around on Lexi's bike and said, "Well, the problem all along is that we've been making him ride boy bikes! He just needed a princess bike to do it!"
Trust Clint, and his cynical sense of humor.


This picture is completely unrelated, but I just had to included because he is just so darn cute! I think he was mad at me about something, and I just couldn't resist snapping a picture of his "sad face"

2 comments:

Nick and Stacey said...

Clint is funny! That awesome he can ride a bike...way to go Tyson!

Jessica said...

I'm amazed how some kids just have the courage to get on a bike and ride without wheels the first time they try! Hooray for Tyson!