Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bucket Filler



"Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done....Count your many blessings; every doubt will fly, And you will be singing as the days go by.....count your many blessings; angels will attend, Help and comfort give you till your journey's end."

I could quote that whole song here. First, go read hymn #241 Count Your Blessings in the LDS Hymn book.

Then, sit down, with a pen and paper, and start counting your blessings. Write them down.

Then, when you are finished with your novel (because you'll realize how many incredible blessings you have), kneel down, and give a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for your blessings.

10 comments:

chelle said...

Gratitude is the best antidepressant there is out there. Thanks for the reminder. We are all blessed. M

Jan said...

That is for sure Sher. Thanks for your daily fillers.

Cynthia said...

Thank you for the lovely suggestion.

wendy said...

YUP -I love that song and love humming it to myself. I always seem to need reminders of counting blessings and giving thanks ------instead of focusing on what I don't have and giving the Lord a check list (in my prayers) of the things I want from HIM. Oh, Wendy, you have a long way to go.

Anonymous said...

Hey sherrie, great bucket fillers, I also loved the email you sent about mothers. I may have to post some those quotes on my blog. Enjoy your Sunday.
Kristen A.

Kristina P. said...

As soon as I saw that sign, I just couldn't help but sing the whole song in my head!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the reminder. It is something I should remember more often.

Da Bergs said...

OH yeah, and we are sooooooooooo blessed!!! Thanks for the reminder!

mCat said...

True this!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Love that cute little sign! It's awesome!
Amd I have a gratitude journal! I love it!