Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Friday...Random Ramblings...and some tunes....


It's Friday. Strangely, this week crept by rather slowly. Usually when we have a holiday on a Monday, it feels like it goes by faster. I forgot what day it was for a few days, since we didn't have school Monday or Tuesday. Typically, then Wednesday would've felt like a Monday. But, it just felt like a Wednesday.

I feel like the whole world is moving in slow motion this week. I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps I am catching C's sickness.

I woke up Wednesday morning, crawled out of bed, and then I, literally, fell down. My head was spinning so bad, I couldn't walk straight. The kids thought it was pretty hilarious to watch me stumbling and staggering around like I'd had a few too many drinks at 7:30 in the morning. It was all I could do to get the kids ready for school. Then KJ missed the bus, so I had to drive her to school.

I kept telling myself, well, I just need to eat, then it will go away.
Then, I just need to drink more water, then it will go away.
I drove the kids to school. Scary, while the world is spinning, but we made it without incident.
Then, I said to myself, maybe I just need to sweat it out. So, I went to the gym, and did a step aerobics class. My friend stopped me afterward, and said she noticed how many times I stopped and bent over, and wondered what was wrong with me. I didn't realize I'd done that so many times. I was just trying to get the room to stop spinning long enough for me to not fall down.

Eventually, as the day progressed, the spinning stopped, and I went on with my day. Then it came back again the next morning.
And again, this morning. It's not going away today.

************

And I'm feeling guilty, and a little agitated because I didn't get up yesterday to run, and I didn't get up today to swim. Today, I slept in until 8:20. The bus comes at 8:24. DANGIT!

Luckily, C had to go to his store up north, so he was still home and drove KJ to school for me. Bless his heart. He's a good man. Especially considering that he works 13+ hours a day, then everyday this week he's had to go keep score at the church basketball games. They had games on Tues, Wed, And Thursday at 9 and 10 pm. And games on Saturday. So C came home, ate a quick bite, then left again, and had to stay there til 11:30 every night. I'm thinking man, somebody should step up and help out, but he does it without complaint.

He doesn't take his commitments lightly. He is a very loyal and dependable person. I admire that about him because I tend to be more on the flaky side.

************
I think I have bursitis. And, no, I'm not a hypochondriac. For about the past year or so, I've had this recurring pain on the top of my bum, like on the back side of my hip bones. I always just thought it was a really tight muscle, that hurts after I've been sitting for a long time. But then, sometimes it feels like it hurts all the down in my bones. Come to think of it, it hurt way back when I was pregnant with KJ. I've always just tried to stretch and ignored it til someone suggested that maybe it's bursitis. I don't know much about it, though.

*************

It's really foggy where I live today. It's been pretty foggy all week. Actually more like smoggy. I never knew there was such a thing as brown fog, but I look out my window and there it is! It rained all night last night. I was hoping that if we just got a little rainstorm it would wash away all this horrible air. So far, it's still pretty lousy outside. Hopefully, the rain in the forecast will do the trick, because all these brown clouds are putting a damper on my spirits.

*************


Another strange phenomenon that happened yesterday was when the monkeys and I were driving home from preschool, and pulled onto our street, and there, on my neighbor's roof were hundreds, and hundreds of little black birds. There were all gathered on one house, lining the roof, pecking at their trees. There were no birds on any of the other houses. I wondered what that neighbor could have put on their roof to make it so attractive to the birds. It reminded me of the attack of "The Birds" Did you see that Alfred Hitchcock movie? Freaky.

*************
My hubby is leaving me tomorrow. He's going to Palm Springs for a business trip. It's the same meeting he goes on every year, and I usually go with him. But the Superbowl trip is exactly one day after he gets back, and I just couldn't leave the kids for 2 weeks, so I had to choose. So, I chose the Superbowl. Which one would you have chosen?

Palm Springs, with a group of awesome people from C's company that I've grown to love after traveling with them every year, or Superbowl, in Tampa, FL with one other couple, the wife if which, I don't particularly get along with.
Now, I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice. But, Superbowl? How could I miss that opportunity? It's one of C's dreams to go to the Superbowl, and I wouldn't want him to share that with anyone but me.

**************


Besides, I'm kind of glad that I'm not going to CA, because my baby sister is flying in from OK tonight. She is expecting twin girls, and we're throwing her a baby shower tomorrow. Have I mentioned this before? Maybe once or twice, or like every time I post? I'm so excited to see her, and her belly. I wish I lived closer to her, so I can help her with her 3 other children when her babies come.


**************

As you can tell, there is a lot of randomness going on in my head today. Not to mention all the new stuff going with my CD. See here, to catch up. And here or here to listen to some of my songs.

***************

Speaking of songs, here is my Random 10 list for this week:
1. When You Look Me in the Eyes - Jonas Brothers
2. I Guess You Had to Be There - Lorrie Morgan
3. Does Your Mother Know - ABBA
4. Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
5. Constellations - Jack Johnson
6. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
7. Eruption - Van Halen
8. I'm Still Remembering - Cranberries
9. Something Bad - Wicked
10. Spotlight - Mutemath
Bonus: Angel - Sarah Mclachlan
Happy Weekend, Everyone!

9 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sherrie berry, DID YOU GET KNOCKED UP?!?!?

mCat said...

Love your randomness today! I think the bad air is causing all the problems. Sucks when you walk outside and have to chew your way around! Luckily after this weekend, it will all be gone....like a bad dream....

Annette Lyon said...

If this dizzy thing doesn't get better, go to the doctor. Please? You got me all worried here.

Mikki said...

Hope you're feeing better. Every now and then I'll get an odd dizzy spell that lasts for a few hours.

I think it's been kind of an off week for myself as well. I've been pretty irritable for several days now. Not sure if it's cause I'm tired or pms'ing. Time will tell.

Your sister is adorable. Love her belly. HOw far along is she? I'm sure you've probably mentioned, I should just go read and see.
Have a great weekend!

Elisa said...

Yo! The giant billboard is HOT!

Holy dizzy spells, batman!

Why you no call me?? (why am i talking in a china voice??)


word ver: matelit. I am finding that rather funny. Why? Cause its 3:45 in the morning. That's why.

Sarah said...

Hey my friend wants to know what the rules are for random ten friday and for that matter if I am going to do it with you... SO DO I.

Andrea said...

Why is it that kids always seem to miss the bus at the most inopportune time? Why can't they miss the bus when we can handle the extra chore? Oh wait, I guess that would be never! Good luck with the hubby being gone, that is NEVER good.

Lisa Loo said...

Hey--that dizzy thing sounds scary--are you going to see a Dr? You were meant to be famous--you look fabulous 20 feet high!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW how cool is it that your sister is having twin girls? I'm a twin-to a sister! Did you know that?
Are you feeling okay? It doesn't sound good to me!