It's the 2009 New Year's Spirit Award!!
I got this award from Debilyn. I'm not exactly sure how it's possible that I got this award, since I'm usually such a downer at this time of year. I do have to say, though, that doing that bucket fillers have done wonders for my mood. And despite the gray skies, and bitter cold, I'm feeling pretty good.
So, Thank You Debilyn, for being disillusioned enough to actually think I might be upbeat enough at this time of year to deserve this. You totally made my day!
And here are the rules:
And here are the rules:
1. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award.The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
2. List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
3. Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.
4. Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
As for my 5 things?? This is hard. Really hard. I'm going to try to be positive here. Here goes...
1. It might seem like I'm copying you, Debilyn, but I love taking down my Christmas decorations. More so that putting them up, actually. It's cleansing to me. I love getting rid of the clutter, and the bare, clean look my house has after everything is put away.
2. I love the feeling of starting over. A fresh start. Like somebody just pushed the reset button, and I can try again to be a better me.
3. This is the time of year when C and I start taking lots of trips, so I have that to look forward to, to help break up the winter.
4. That ahhhh feeling of Christmas being over. Things slow down, and no more hustle and bustle.
5. I'm reaching a little here, but I do love snuggling up by the fire, and drinking hot cocoa when it's cold outside.
6. Oh, and football season is almost over. Did I mentioned we're GOING to the superbowl?!!!!
And now, without further ado, I pass this award along to:
OK, here's the thing. This is the part of these bloggy award thing that irritates me. I LOVE getting the recognition, but don't like burdening people with the pressure of passing it along.
So, if you like this, feel free to copy it and do it on your blog. I'm officially awarding any and all of you who read this post! And comment, please comment!