A New Year Quiz
I stole this from Melissa's blog, feel free to steal it from mine. Let me know if you do so I can read your answers.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Ran a marathon. Actually I ran three, and a couple half marathons, and a relay. And fell in LOVE with running. And also made a professional recording of song songs I wrote/arranged.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Sort of, not really. That's why this year, I'm simplifying. And that's my only resolution.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My dear friend, Motherboard, and I have 3 sisters who are expecting in 2009.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No. It's been a good year in that department.
5. What countries did you visit? Cancun, Mexico in February. We got to watch the Superbowl in Spanish. And I forgot C's birthday. (It's hard to remember the date when you're on vacation).
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Being more attentive to my family, more patient with my children, and my charitable to my neighbors. And just be happier.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Starting my blog in January, Finishing my first 1/2 marathon in January, finishing my first full marathon in May, going to Mexico for the first time in February.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I have to say running a marathon, and recording my CD (that I'm still trying to produce. It's a long process.)
9. What was your biggest failure? Giving in to my depression too easily and letting it affect my family.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Depression
11. What was the best thing you bought? Uh..probably the Tahoe, but C bought it for me.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? KJ, TJ & Peter. I celebrate them everyday. They are such good kids!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own, mostly.
14. Where did most of your money go? Paying the mortgage, as usual.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Again, running, and Mexico, and also finding out in December that we're going to the Superbowl in February!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Hmmm. Probably the Wicked soundtrack, because I listened to that alot this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier-ish
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter (dangit!)
c) richer or poorer? Richer (less debt!!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more quality time with my monkeys
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Feeling sorry for myself
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas morning at home with my little fam, then with C's family for dinner.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Besides falling in love with running? I fell deeper in love with C!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Hmm...The Unit, Pushing Daisies, The Office, House, AI
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I honestly can't think of anyone that I even dislike.
24. What was the best book you read? I read a lot of great books in 2008. How do I narrow it down? I don't know which one was my favorite. Look at my sidebar to see which books I read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Discovering that I could write music, and unlocking the flood gate of songs I had inside me.
26. What did you want and get? a cleaning lady!!!!
27. What did you want and not get? Wicked tickets. :(
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Mamma Mia! I grew up loving ABBA songs, and saw this in the theater 4 times, and then got the DVD for Christmas!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 and C took me out to eat at Rickenbackers, and we got a couple's massage. And I remember I was really really sick, so we came home early and I went to bed.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not being depressed.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Probably better than the past, but I discovered designer jeans and spent too much money.
32. What kept you sane? Running, running, running, and, seriously, blogging.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't know. I can't think of any.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Definitely the election. And the economy.
35. Who did you miss? My sis, Kris, who lives across the country
36. Who was the best new person you met? Motherboard. We didn't really meet this year, we met before, but we became close friends this year, and I love her dearly!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Don't waste precious time being selfish. Don't clutter your life with too many things. Simplify! (which is my 2009 resolution)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Running down a dream" and "Thank you for the music"