Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday KJ!!

I can't believe my baby girl is 7 years old!!
Seven years ago today, a sweet little baby girl came into the world and changed our lives!
I was going to post some baby and pregnancy pictures, but my scanner isn't working, sorry.

KJ wanted to stay in there forever, so on the morning of November 8, 2001, we went to the hospital to induce labor. It was fast, completely painless, and my only complaint was that the pitosin made me sick. But, that's only because I cheated and ate before I came, even though they told me not to.

K. J. Shepherd was born on November 8, 2001 at 2:53 p.m.
She weighed 8 lb 6 oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long.

She had the cutest little chubby cheeks and I remember the pediatrician asking me if I'd eaten a steak dinner every day while I was pregnant. She was such a sweet, cuddly baby. She loved to be held, and of course she was my first, so I was happy to spoil her rotten.

Here is KJ on her 6th birthday 11/8/07


And on her 5th birthday, 11/8/06


Here are 7 things I love about KJ.


1. She is good at everything she does. From karate to tumbling to singing in her choir, to soccer to piano, and school, she excels at it all. She was definitely born with a gift.

2. She is a little social butterfly. She makes friends everywhere she goes. She loves to talk to people. I admire this about her immensely, because I was a very shy child.

3. She is such a great helper. She does what I ask her, usually, and is a great help with her little brother and sister.

4. She is quite the diva! KJ is my shining star. She knows what she wants and how to get it, and loves to be the center of attention.

5. She is so smart! She is reading like crazy lately, and always wants me to sit and listen to her read.

6. She is an amazing artist. She loves to draw and color and is always asking me to sit and draw with her.

7. She loves to spend time with her family. As you can tell from above, she always wants me to do something with her, and when Dad is home she is a total Daddy's girl!

Happy 7th Birthday KJ! We love you!!!








9 comments:

Mikki said...

Happy Birthday to KJ!! Hope it's a great day!!!
She's a cutie Sher!

tiki_lady said...

such great girl! happy birthday. I can't wait to see what her cake is this year. I wish I did, kept the same style cake just different! dangit too late.

Da Bergs said...

Happy BDay KJ!!! LOVE the cakes!!!

Kristina P. said...

She's beautiful! Happy birthday, KJ!

tammy said...

What a cutie! I love hearing labor and delivery stories, too.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Of course you have beautiful kids because you are gorgeous! don't worry I didn't miss your other posts...and YES you do have a hunkie husband and you guys are a cute couple! :)

I loved your music tag...some of them turned out really funny!

I might have to steal them! :)

Wonder Woman said...

What a sweet girl! She sounds simply adorable (and looks it, too!) I'm glad you were able to spend the day with her and not worry about not meeting bloggers. But I'm looking forward to seeing you to weeks. =D

Elisa said...

What a beautiful little woman you are raising!

We went to Park City for the weekend... I'm looking forward to hanging out with you soon...!?!

Natalie said...

It sounds like KJ is turning out to be just like you... talented artist, piano, singer, etc. She is a lucky girl to have such a great role model.