Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why waking up before the crack of dawn is a good thing....

I'm feeling pretty darn good day. Especially despite the fact that I woke up today at 4:30 am.
Actually that's part of the reason I feel so good.

Yesterday, my friend Annette, in my running group emailed me. In the subject line it said, "We miss you." She is really good at making me feel wanted and giving me a guilt trip at the same time.
So I got up this morning and went running with the group. I'm so glad I did. I always feel so good after I run, even though it's crazy hard, because I'm so out of shape from not doing it.
I don't know why it's so hard to get myself out there and going.
Actually, I do. I hate getting up in the morning. I am sooo NOT a morning person. If I could stay up til 2am and sleep in til 10 every day, I totally would.

And it's such a gorgeous day today. It's nice and calm, a little overcast, and 45 degrees. Perfect crisp fall weather.

I'm thankful today for such a beautiful day. I'm also thankful, again, to be able to run.

15 comments:

LITTLE MISS said...

you are such a good person.

Kristina P. said...

4:30?!?!? You are amazing!

Annette Lyon said...

Fellow night-owl. I hear ya. I hate running with a passion, so you won't be seeing me do that anytime soon.

Elisa said...

Me too on the staying up late and sleeping in. Being a mom really screws with your sleeping schedules! Or maybe its just being a grownup? I dunno.

I am NOT a runner. I can't even run to the mailbox, but also my girls protest LOuDLY when I run. It's not fun.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I'm more of a morning person...unless I haven't gotten to bed early! But that is so cool you have a group that runs together...wish I ran more...I'm good with my 3 miles! :)

kitchenditcher said...

I SO need to find time to exercise but I'm not really a runner. So I am SO proud of you! You go girl!

Mikki said...

AWesome!!! I'm glad you had another good day.
I've seriously got to break out of my exercising rut. Anything would be better than nothing!

*MARY* said...

If I woke up at 4:30 I think pigs might start to fly.

Jen said...

I was still asleep for another 2 hours! Oye! I bet ya went to bed early tonight! You're awesome. Keep up the good work. Hugs.

Devri said...

Sistah- you are amazing. when I grow up I want to be like you!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Glad you had a great day! hats off to you for getting up early and running. That would be very difficult for me to do. I'm not a morning person either.

Jan said...

Happy for you Sher.

Peggy said...

Well, it wasn't 4:30 and it wasn't a marathon, but I did break out my Biggest Loser Workout video this morning after a too long hiatus. Thanks for the push.

Andrea said...

So, do you go back to bed when you get home, or stay awake?

tammy said...

I get up early, but unfortunately it's not to run. It's to check my email and blog before having to get the kids up and ready and start the rest of my day. I need to get better at working my butt as much as I do my fingers.