Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm Thankful for......



Well, it's November now. The month of gratitude and thankfulness. (Yes, I'm aware that that was redundant).

So, I'm going to try something for the month of November, just to help me stay on top of my game, and avoid the "depths of despair" (thank you Anne of Green Gables) during the Holidays.

Recently, I went to an Enrichment night, where we talked about emotional health. The speaker gave such a great message. She said something to the effect of gratitude is the ticket to happiness. Basically, if you think of what you are grateful for in a situation, or in a person, then you'll find joy in it, instead of despair. She passed out this little handout.
In case you can't read that it says: Relax, Reflect, Restore....with the attitude of gratitude.
So, this month I'm going to try to post one thing I'm thankful for everyday.

Today, I am grateful for my wonderful little family.

C & I took the kids to a Weber State Football game. It was fun. We made it almost all the way through the 3rd quarter before the kids got restless, and we had to leave. But, when we left WSU was up 31 to 7 (I think). The kids loves seeing Waldo, the purple Wildcat. (I told them we were going to see the purple kitty, so that was their focus).






I'm so thankful to have a loving husband, and three beautiful, healthy, spunky children!

p.s. don't forget that tomorrow Daylight Saving Time ends. We get an extra hour to sleep in! YEAH!!! I'm thankful for that too!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I missed that one, and after hearing others talk about it I am thinking that I REALLY needed it. I especially wanted to hear the first one, someone said that she gave the same talk at girls camp and it was really good. Bummer! You sure have a cute family.

tiki_lady said...

loved this, thanks so much. your kids are so cute and you are a great lady. like the things you are thankful for

Kristina P. said...

What a great goal!

And I definitely need that extra hour of sleep. We have a 7:45 church meeting!

Da Bergs said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!!! AND, I love your idea of posting 1 thing you are grateful for EACH day!

Mikki said...

I love this post. I was kind of just thinking something along the same lines earlier.
Love the pictures of your kids. THey are so cute!!! (figures, look at momma!!)

Jan said...

Great pictures Sher. I love the smiles. You have a lot to be grateful for. Thanks for expressing them.

kitchenditcher said...

I loved this idea! One thing a day that we are grateful for. I am really going to focus on this. We are jobless at the moment and that can consume all of our thoughts so I need something else to think about and this is just the thing. We are so incredibly blessed in so many other areas.

Thanks for this post!

Aislynn said...

I love the idea for November. I may have to copy you and do the same on my blog.

Krazy Kat said...

We have been talking about having an enrichment night on that same topic so I will have to call you and get some ideas.

tammy said...

What a great idea. And I love the ticket. I need one of those.