Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things I Love....

1. I went to the music store yesterday while the kiddos were at school to look for choir music or Christmas and came across this:




For years, I have wished I could get my hands on sheet music from George Winston. And I was always under the impression that he doesn't publish his music in written form. Until now! I'm so excited. I've already sight read through the whole book! If you've never heard George Winston, you must!! He is a brilliant musician, and definitely one of my idols as a pianist.


2. Last night my hubby and I watched one of my favorite shows.



I'll admit that part of the reason I like this show is that is probably one of the very few shows that both of us equally enjoy watching together. If you've never seen The Unit. Check it out! It is so full of suspense, drama, action, plot twists, and whenever an episode ends, I'm lefting dying to see what happens next.

It's on Sunday nights, so we usually Tivo it and watch it on another night. You know, because of the Sabbath........oh, and Sunday night football. Whatever.


3. Last week I downloaded the new album from David Archuleta. Can I just say I love it! Especially this song:




My kids call it the "whistle song" It has a really catchy tune, and everytime I heard it I want to start bobbing my head and play air drums on my steering wheel. (What? Am I the only one who plays air drums to song I like?)

Anyway, take a listen. You'll be hooked!

Today, in a round about way, I love that I have all three of my monkeys home. Unfortunately, KJ woke up barking at 3:00 this morning. The Croup? Probably. But, I kept her home from school, and TJ is now home from school, so we're all just taking it easy today. I'm going to go cuddle with my little monkeys now.

I'm thankful for all these things today!

17 comments:

Peggy said...

I must be stupid cause I've never heard of George Winston. Now I've got to find out...

Hope KJ feels better!

Sher said...

Ok, Peggy, Just for your benefit, I'm going to do a playlist of just George Winston music!

Jen said...

I LOVE George Winston! I could listen to his piano fingers all day long. I"ve got a few of his songs on my blog Playlist. I haven't seen the Unit, but it does sound like one my husband and I woudl both enjoy! Ahhh, good ole David! Gotta love his music.

Shauna said...

George is awesome! Hope you are having a great day! ♥ Hugs!

kitchenditcher said...

Ditto to never hearing George Winston before but will definitely check him out. I'll bet my two girls would love one of his CD's for Christmas.

David Archuleta - gonna go and buy his CD TODAY!!

Robin Beck said...

I love that I got Sher to say Merry Christmas before Thanksgiving! I feel my work is done here. :)

I actually put that everyone had to say Merry Christmas to sign up for my blog because it is so much nicer then reading, "can you please sign me up for your giveaway" - Reading "Merry Christmas" makes me smile. I will admit I did think about you when I made up that rule♥♥♥ You are so stinkin' cute!
Robin~♥

Da Bergs said...

Your so cute... cuddle with your monkeys! Yeah, my little monkey was home the past two days too... and we watch the Unit too!

tammy said...

Now I'm gonna have to get that book so I can play them too. And I personally can't wait until your book of sheet music comes out.

Mikki said...

I wish I could play the piano. Someday, I'm going to take lessons. (oh yeah, AND get a piano--I've always wanted one).

Haha, word verification is elphs!

Redhoodoos said...

Very nice music!! Hope the kiddoes get feeling better.

Allred Family said...

I love the UNIT too, the only tv show I watch.

The Motherboard said...

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!

I have looked for YEARS, I tell you, for that music. I am coming over right now to get that book and play every piece in it.

Ok. Not really.

I'll come and listen to YOU play every piece in it. Ok not really.

I'll just go to bed and call you in the manana!

{{I have no idea what the rest of the post was on because I only got as far to see that YOU HAVE HIS MUSIC!!!}}

WORD VER unkin. my unkin joe is a redneck, is yours?

chelle said...

I am totally going to check out George Winston! Thanks for the tip. m

Mc Allen said...

you like great music, I have the archuletta song on my blog... My girls walk around singing it allll the time!! ;) LA

Andrea said...

We regularly watch the Unit also, and don't wait for the 'sabbath' to be over (my husband also doesn't watch football). I am glad that they moved it from Fridays. It is just easier to watch on Sunday seeing as how we don't have TIVO.

Elisa said...

Ok. I am a little more sane this morning...

I LOVE The Unit! It is a great show. It makes me want to be a covert agent of sorts.

I have never heard this song... but its catchy! I'm doin' the bobble head over here in Crazyland! (I wish you could see Moxie bouncing... its hilarious! She likes this song too! I just may have to hit replay...)

And I totally play the air drums. Heck I play Rock Band...

I have a secret wish to be in a band AND sing on broadway.

Maybe when I get reincarnated...

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I've never heard of George Winston, but if you say he is good then he must be so I'll try to remember to buy his CD next time I'm at FYE.